Sunday, February 24, 2013

Welcome

Hello one and all! Welcome to my Fiat 500 Abarth blog. As you probably have figured out by now, I am an Abarth owner. My love for the rambunctious little thing has compelled me so much that I had to start talking about it. Lets start with the birth of Darth.
It started with watching some videos on YouTube. And obviously, after that I started to look into it more seriously. The unfortunate thing was that I didn't really have any good references to get a decent deal and service... Seeing that the Abarth is in such high demand, it was hard as Sh** to even get one!

I started looking in late June of 2012. My criteria was simple. Black with black leather interior, NO sun roof, the optional 17 inch mags, Bose sound system and that was it. No satellite radio, no sun roof, nothing else really.  I then placed my order in August 2012 for a 2012 black with black leather interior, no sun roof and with the Bose sound system. 

2 Months!

Two months it took to even get something close to what I had ordered. Now Fiat, I know it's not your fault for not having enough of these babies in stock, but 2 months and no word... C'mon! Apparently the online tracking had been removed for all of north america. I guess people didn't like sitting at their desks growing old from waiting to see a little dot move from Mexico to their dealership.

I almost died from the long wait. The only thing you can do if you really want your Fiat 500 Abarth is to be flexible. Instead of a 2012 Abarth, I had managed to squeeze the guys at the dealership to locate me a 2013 Abarth, Black with Black and Red leather interior. I had to make some trade offs though. No Bose (or even Beats Audio), it came with satellite radio, and they tried to include a bunch of other useless crap that I didn't need. A word to all who will purchase this car though, stick to what you want, don't flex on the extras. This car is meant to be built the way you want it. And don't buy any life insurance crap the dealership tries to push onto you. It's $4000 that you'll never see again. And they don't even tell you they include it in the price!

And finally it came...

No comments:

Post a Comment