Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Always put on a helmet before sex... I mean driving it in hard... Okay I give up.

Hey everyone, welcome back for my second post all things Abarth! I wanted to share with you all a really easy DIY for your racing helmet. I've decided to go with the Abarth name and the Scorpion... Obviously. It's pretty easy to do. I used 3M carbon fiber vinyl; printed out a big Abarth logo and cut to make my template. I then proceeded to cut the template apart. I Traced the outlines on the back of the 3M carbon fiber vinyl and assembled it to the helmet. Unfortunately I had to modify the pincers on the Abarth scorpion since I had a little air vent blocking them, but over all, I'm happy with the result.

 
For best results, use a really good blade and be super careful. I did this DIY a while back. Not bad after a good hour of hard work!

Here are links to where you can find this Dot approved helmet for track day racing and also for the 3M carbon fiber vinyl.

Helmet ->  http://bit.ly/XZSGms
CarbonFiber Vinyl ->  http://bit.ly/X9rcw3

Do be conscious about what size helmet you take. It's best to try one out at your local sporting goods store before buying.

And don't get me started on full face vs open face. Just know you can have either or. I like the open face though so you can see how big my smile is going round the track.

1 comment: