Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Track Lapping at Icar near Montreal


I've been sitting on the video for a while. Here's my hot lap with overlay from Harry's Lap Timer!

If you listen attentively you'll hear me screaming... not at the cars ahead of me, but the Blue & Me...

Driving the car on the track is fun. The only other car I've driven here so far was a 04 Mazda Rx-8 with some track inclined mods. The major differences... this car under steers. You really need to chuck it in the corners or reduce your speed and play more in the gears to come out of the turn roaring. That's something the Abarth does pretty well. If you're going at a corner around 50km/h and you're in 2nd, you'll be around the 4000 rpm range. Trust me, as soon as you set your foot down, the car GOES! Overall straight from the factory I would give the Abarth a 3 on 5 for the track. Its fun to drive, does decent in the corners and you have the sense you can feel you're way around a small circuit. BUT needs a stiffer roll bar to get the car to pull its back leg up and really take that corner well!

No comments:

Post a Comment